- This event has passed.
Lean Portland Happy Hour: Equity and Social Justice Lean Green Belt Program
September 7 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PDT
SEPTEMBER 2021 HAPPY HOUR
Plan on attending our September gathering for an engaging conversation with Ann Moses of King County government (in Seattle) to learn about a unique lean Green-Belt program that integrates Racial Equity and Social Justice. As one of her Department’s lead racial equity trainers, when Ann received her lean Black Belt she saw a deep alignment and affinity between lean values and racially equity and social justice values. She partnered with two of her colleagues in King County’s Department of Information Technology to develop a lean green belt program that integrates racial equity. The program is in its third year.
During our September gathering, Ann will
- Explain the natural alignment of lean and racial equity/social justice
- Walk us through some of the key components of the program
- Share examples from participants of how they’ve incorporated equity into their projects
- Dialog about how the program has grown over the past two and a half years
- Answer questions and
- Provide an opportunity for a few folks to attend this year’s virtual graduation (October 22nd)
Facilitated discussion time,(5:10-5:45)
Followed by networking and informal discussion
Lean Portland is a socially-driven community built organization for both new and experienced continuous improvement professionals. We’ve been gathering for happy hour since 2012 and every First Tuesday since 2015!
As of April 2020, Happy Hour is happening online. Until we can safely meet again in person, we hope to see you here soon!
Links for online events are accessible after completing your free registration.