Amplify Music 2021
April 21 @ 8:00 am - April 23 @ 2:00 pm PDT
2021 — Welcome to Amplify Music 2021
April 21 – 23: Celebrating the one-year anniversary of our April 2020 Virtual Conference, three half-day forecastings, collaborating, and planning sessions around Music 2021-2025 — together.
Times: 8 am – 1 pm Pacific Time each day — details to follow on specific scheduled sessions
Technology: This event will be shared via Zoom Meeting and two sharable technology platforms. We will be emailing updates on log-ins etc., so please watch your email and this space.
We anticipate 500 – 900 participants and 2-4 speakers per half-hour session. Sessions will be a mix of pre-recorded and “live” with the guests invited to share in the chat and Q&A for the session. We will be sharing information with our registrants on how to get onto session Slack Channels, Facebook Group, and LinkedIn Group for conversations and sharing to continue after the event.
Price: Free for participants, though we welcome any contributions to the event.
Mission: A gathering of lived experiences and workable ideas
We bring together diverse music leaders and creators online to learn and share from local community response, emergent solutions, and heroic efforts to support local artists, venues, creative communities, and support networks in the surge/challenges of the COVID-19 and its future transformations of music communities.
- Unique practices that may transfer to other areas
- Ways to learn between great ecosystems and communities of communities
- New combinations of business and community models – bridges beyond streaming
- “After” – rebuilding trust, conflicts for space/time/funds, challenges of funding in a community rebuilding mode
We are inviting speakers and setting times for topics in the next few weeks. Tentatively, our topics are planned to include:
Topics for 2021 in Development
- 2021: Continuing what worked — virtual co-creation; music streaming; music instrument and DAW sales; new organizing
- Financial Bets 2021: Closing, Buying Up, Investing in Music
- Negotiating 2021: Contracts, Insurance, Instability
- Youth/Fans — Where They See 2021 Ahead
- Mental Health of Music Industry
- Music in Civic and Emotional Recovery
- Broken Puzzle Pieces — Ways to Rebuild Community
- Be Present Everywhere 2021 — global organizations and leaders are taking the year ahead
- The Where and Who of live music in 2021
- The Virtual Where: Livestreaming, Gaming, and New Experiences in 2021
- Community and Creative Identity in a post-WFH era — radio as connective tissue in a hybrid world
- Government Action/Inaction across the globe
- Cities and Regions Working Together for 2021
- The explosion of Streaming TV and Rethinking Film Releases – Impact on Music in 2021 and beyond
- Rebuilding Arts Organizations in 2021 – Organizations at Crossroads
- Music Education — The Intertwining of Educational Disruption and Music Disruption
- Relocation: Transformations of City Centers and Suburbs
- Diverse Communities and Visions — Whose Music Industries in 2021?
- Streaming — Composing and Creating Into the Social Vacuum
- FuturesCasting — 2023-25 — where do we want to GO
- Rethinking Space: Futures of Live Events
- Rethinking Space: Changing Roles of Real Estate and Single Purpose Spaces
- Rethinking Social Safety Nets and Shared Support
- Rethinking Music Jobs
- Rethinking Music Tourism
- Rethinking Nightlife
- Rethinking Organizing – new ways of organizing between and within music industries
- Rethinking Changing Roles of Music in Media and Civil Society
- Imagining Together 2025 — World Cafe Roundtables